Skinceuticals Eye Gel AOX+ is an eye treatment that is said to be a breakthrough “serum-in-a-gel” that contains a synergistic antioxidant combination to help protect the delicate eye area from oxidative stress, while specific ingredients revive under-eye skin and reduce the appearance of puffiness. AOX+® Eye Gel prevents signs of aging while correcting existing photodamage. When used daily, this preventive and corrective treatment combats signs of fatigue to restore a fresh, vibrant appearance around the eyes.
How does Skinceuticals Eye Gel AOX+work?
The AOX+ Eye Gel is said to be able to work at a cellular level, targeting the cellular matrix of the skin with the help of the innovative antioxidants. By adding these powerful antioxidants into the skin they say that they will be able to stabilize free radicals on contact and totally stop the oxidative deterioration of the skin which is caused by these free radicals. By doing this you are able to repair damage already done to the skin and prevent the skin from suffereing future damage from these free radicals.
Ingredients used in Skinceuticals Eye Gel AOX+
• L-Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) - helps protect against damaging UVA/UVB rays, prevent premature signs of aging, and stimulate collagen production.
• Ruscus Aculeatus- Inhibits inflammation and tones vein walls, helps reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eye area.
• Phloretin- protects against not only free radicals, but the range of other reactive molecules known to cause damage and DNA mutations among the integral cell types
• Caffeine- Helps to stimulate the skin and circulation around the eye, helps reduce puffiness and dark circles.
• Ferulic Acid- revolutionary antioxidant combination that delivers advanced protection against photoaging – neutralizing free radicals, helping build collagen, and providing unmatched antioxidant protection
• Full of powerful antioxidants that are able to combat and neutralize free radicals.
• Made by a reputable company that uses innovative science and ingredients to make their skin care products.
• Easy to purchase online
• Safe for all skin types
• Mixed reviews from people who have tried Skinceuticals Eye Gel AOX+
• High price tag
• Doesn’t offer other great anti-aging ingredients alongside their antioxidants
• The company doesn’t offer samples to try before buying
Cost of Skinceuticals Eye Gel AOX+
This eye treatment will set you back $85 for a small 15 mL of gel.
The Skinceuticals company offers a 90 day money back guarantee on their products, they do want you to send in original packaging and mail slips along with the unwanted product so make sure you read all the details before tyring to return any of the products.
Verdict: Skinceuticals Eye Gel AOX+
Although I am a fan of the Skinceuticals company, I am not a huge fan of this eye gel. It seems to only focus on antioxidants and by doing that it leaves out a huge portion of ingredients that totally help with the health of the eye area.
If you are looking for a good eye treatment, I suggest looking for one that offers more then just antioxidants as the key ingredients. Also look for one that doesn’t have such mixed reviews from people who have tried it, the customers are almost always right when it comes to good skin care. If the majority of people who have used the product like it, it is usually a pretty good product. If people are not getting results or are having negative reactions to the product, then it is probably something that you will want to stay away from.
With how many great eye treatment products there are on the market, you will be able to find one that meets your needs and your budget.